Maybe you’ve heard about chiropractic care through a friend or did some research online. Maybe you’re just tired of living in pain. If going to the chiropractor is a new experience for you, don’t worry! We’re here to help you shed your pain and get back on your feet. Your first visit to our practice will be about getting to know your chiropractor, and a chance for us to get to know you!
Appointments at our office typically begin with a bit of paperwork, as you no doubt would expect. Your skilled chiropractor will perform a physical examination, and take any necessary x-rays to learn more about the cause of your pain. We’ll also discuss your current condition and your goals.
We will take a look at the overall results, and, together, come up with a plan of action specifically for you. We will talk about the type of treatment you will be receiving, any preparation necessary before beginning treatment, and when you can expect to see results. We will also discuss any lifestyle changes that may help you with your goals. As your partner in improving your health, your chiropractor will be with you every step of the way during your treatment.
If you have any further questions, call our practice today!
What to Expect
Your 1st Appointment:
- Please bring your insurance card with you to your first appointment so we can verify your benefits and eligibility for your chiropractic care.
- You will be asked to fill out some initial information so we can further understand your areas of pain and how we can best treat you.
- You will then meet with Dr. Kowalski and he will determine whether or not you need X-rays.
- Treatment on Day 1 will be determined by Dr. Kowalski.
Day 2 Appointment:
- Your second appointment will consist of the ROF (or Report of Findings) given by Dr. Kowalski. He will discuss your options, exam findings, treatment schedule, and give you an opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
- Treatment on Day 2 will be determined by Dr. Kowalski.
- You may be given stretches or strengthening exercies to do at home after your first few visits.
- You may be sore after your first visit. It is a perfectly normal bodily response to chiropractic treatment.